Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tell It Like It Is

Sunday evening Mackinsie and I were making plans for Thursday. At some point I said that I would put on my "thinking cap" about that. She responded, "Grandma, I don't think that you have a thinking cap anymore". LOVE IT! I always tell her it's a good thing I have her. She's the "smart and beautiful one".

I need to record this story:

Mackensie has a really deep understanding of death. Awhile ago we were having one of our classic breakfast conversations. We were talking about our bodies and spirits being two different things. The body is where our spirit lives while on earth. She ask me, "Grandma, do you think our spirits knew each other in heaven?". Oh, I believe we did, I told her. "That's it! I knew it! I think our spirits are twins. WE ARE TWINS! We like the same things, what's your favorite color? Purple, I respond. Mine to, she says. What's your favorite food? Chocolate, I respond. Mine to, she says. We play question and answer for a few minutes. Then I suggested that we come up with names that rhyme. She wanted to keep Mackensie - so my twin name is Madaline.

1 comments:

Terra said...

Happy Thursday. You forgot to add that Daddy is actually both your Daddy's. She's so funny. I can't believe how grown up she's getting. I'll call you soon!