Monday, March 23, 2009

Mackensie Fun

Mackensie and I were saying our goodbyes, we exchanged the original I love to the Moon and back, back and forth we went. Then I said, "I love you to Minnesota, stop and find Dean, and back again". She looked at me and said, "Can I go with you? I want to see Uncle Dean". !!!!

At Preschool they have what they call your special day. That means you get to bring show and tell and invite someone to snack with you. Her last one was last Monday. I talked with her on the telephone Tuesday for something else and ask her how her special day went. She told me that I needed to talk to Mommy about that. So Valerie told me that she had stood up and "read" her book to everyone. Thursday I made a comment about how proud I was of her etc etc. She looked at me and said, "Grandma, we don't have to talk about that anymore. It's just the way I am now." I asked her if it was OK for me to still tell her that I'm proud of her? She answered, "Yes, and I will tell you Thank You". So, being brave is just who she is now! She also told me she doesn't like the boys anymore, except for Andrew. She has made girl friends now, even goes to Little Gym again with one of them, Hannah. Yes, the one who told her she didn't want to play with her months ago. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I LOVE THAT LITTLE BRAVE RICKS GIRL!!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

She says some of the funniest things! I love it!

Terra said...

So cute. I hope she'll make an exception to play with Paul and Sam. we can't wait to see her.